- 10 years of experience in public accounting and operational accounting.
- Certification in CPA or CA.
- Experience in people management.
- Experience in hardware space.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional, fast-paced and ambiguous environment, and to lead complex operational initiatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence executive management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with impeccable business judgment.
About the job
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end-to-end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you utilize your problem-solving skills to support business objectives. You’re a business partner for your specific group and direct the month-end close process and resolve issues as they arise, while keeping those affected by these issues informed as needed.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Manage and maintain accountability for accuracy, timeliness and efficiency of accounting processes related to devices and services contra revenue, including review of incentive deals, significant estimates and reserves, accounting policies and memos, month-end close, related inputs, process improvement/scalability, balance sheet reconciliations, etc.
- Develop, manage and coach a team of direct reports, as well as effectively leverage a global Devices and Services Product Area (DSPA) controllership team.
- Manage, establish, implement all global processes for the accounting of DSPA contra revenue ensuring SOX compliance and operational excellence.
- Partner closely with sales, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Revenue to Cash Organization (RCO), and Legal teams on incentive planning, execution, payments, and develop month-end reporting or ad hoc reporting for various incentive reviews.